This whole wheat banana bread is so good, your taste buds won’t have any clue you aren’t eating the recipe you already know and love!
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup white flour
¾ cup white sugar
4 medium bananas mashed
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas in large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until combined. It will be closer to a cake/brownie batter consistency rather than true bread dough.
- Add nuts or chocolate chips as desired.
- In loaf pan, add non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until knife can be inserted and removed cleanly from the center.