This is probably my favorite recipe that I have and it comes from my Aunt Lisa! She makes it with cinnamon chips which is way better, but I can’t ever find those in the store (so sad) so I usually just make it with chocolate chips.
3 cups flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) cold butter
1 cup buttermilk
12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips (the mini chips work well too)
2 tbsp butter melted
2 tbsp white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in large bowl.
3. Cut stick of butter into small slices and add into dry mixture. Using fingers mix butter into flour until crumbles form.
4. Add buttermilk and stir in with a form until dough forms.
5. Add in chocolate chips and mix them in until evenly distributed.
6. Kneed dough about 10-15 times and separate into two balls.
7. Press one ball into 7 inch circle.
8. Melt one tbsp butter and rub over the top of the circle then sprinkle with one tbsp sugar.
9. Cut circle into 6 triangles and place on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.
8. Repeat 7-9 for the second ball of dough.
Enjoy with a glass of milk or cup of coffee. If you store them, put them in the microwave 10-15 seconds before eating again! Huge crowd pleaser at any breakfast/morning meeting!