1 pound chicken
1 stalk celery, diced
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup peas
2 pie crusts
1/3 cup light butter
1 small onion chopped
1/3 cup flour
Salt and Pepper
1 3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. In pan, saute chicken until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper while cooking.
3. Chop all vegetables if you haven’t done so already.
4. In sauce pan, melt butter, then add onion to pot. Stir occasionally for ~3 minutes.
5. To butter and onion, add flour and stir until thick.
6. Add broth and milk and stir. Add salt and pepper to preference.
7. Once chicken is fully cooked, dice up and add to pot.
8. Stir in all vegetables and leave on heat for ~2-3 minutes.
9. In pie pan, lay first crust in the bottom. Pour all contents of sauce pan into pie crust. Add top pie crust and pinch seal the edges.
10. Bake 35 minutes.
Take this recipe and play with the proportions. There is no reason that you have to use the same amount of everything (vegetable and meat wise). I like to load up on the veggies so I lean more toward that. I would have more celery but Casey doesn’t like it so I have to sneak it in. Use this recipe as a base, then make it how you like it.