(not the greatest picture, but delicious treat!)
2 cups flour
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 stick cold butter
¾ cup pumpkin
½ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. Cut in butter and mix with fork or hands until coarse crumbles form
4. Stir in pumpkin and heavy cream until doughy mixture.
5. Kneed mixture on floured surface and divide into 6 large scones or 8 medium scones.
6. Place scones in freezer 20-30 minutes.
7. Bake 20 minutes.
To make optional Icing: Combine ¾ cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons pumpkin, 1 teaspoon corn syrup and ½ teaspoon cinnamon to make icing to spread on top once scones have cooled.