So this Sunday I tried to keep it a little healthier with my treat in honor of the upcoming race. Now, I will in no way say it is as good as the cookies were last week but it was pretty awesome.
Apples (I prefer Granny Smith)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Core out apples without piercing the bottom so that the ingredients will stay inside.
3. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of each sugar inside the apple core hole.
4. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to the hole as desired.
5. Place 1/2 teaspoon of butter inside and drizzle the inside with honey.
6. Once all other ingredients are in, fill the rest of the hole with cider and then add some cider to the bottom of the pan.
7. Cover with foil and bake for about an hour and an fifteen minutes to an hour and a half (1:15-1:30) or until apples are soft. Be sure not to under-cook them, they are not even close to as good if you do (learned by experience!)
I added a small bit of ice cream to mine!