Casey’s dad brought over a GIGANTIC zucchini last week and since there was no possible way we could eat it all, the only thing I could think to do was make some bread!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (I like it very finely grated)
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle of brown sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream together sugar, eggs and vanilla then slowly fold in zucchini and softened butter.
3. Add baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix evenly.
4. Gradually add in each flour and mix until even.
5. Pour into greased 9×5 loaf pan and sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top if desired.
6. Bake ~45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition: 137 calories, 23g carbs, 4g fat, 2g protein