We looooove Mexican food. I am fairly certain Casey would eat burritos every night if the week if I was okay with it. This is probably one of the easiest things we make for dinner, but it is probably one of my favorites.
1 lb chicken breast
4 oz. fat free sour cream
4 cups brown rice (cooked= 2 cups dry)
8 oz. frozen corn
10 oz. of your favorite salsa
6 oz. mexican shredded cheese
15 oz. can black beans (reduced sodium)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Boil rice and prepare water.
3. While rice is cooking, prepare chicken in skillet seasoned with salt and pepper. Once chicken is fully cooked, pull the chicken and put in large bowl.
4. In bowl, combine all ingredients.
Note: When we have jalapenos from the garden, we slice these up and throw them in as well.
5. We sprinkle the top with some of the left over cheese.
6. Bake approximately 30 minutes until cheese is melted and ingredients are hot. Since everything is already cooked, the baking is just to mesh all the ingredients together and warm it up.
If you use reduced fat (we use 2%) cheese, and fat free sour cream this is a fairly healthy, filling dinner that is easy to throw together and usually produces a good amount of left overs for us even after Casey’s brothers pick through whats left.