This was a great week for this girl. One particular good thing will be a great thing for recharging my blog.
1. I FINALLY got a new phone. I can actually see the screen and more importantly take pictures. I have music again while I run and can actually send and receive texts in real time. It’s a Christmas miracle.
2. I finished my last hard week of training. 20 miles in yesterday, 52 miles this week. I didn’t feel amazing on my 20 miler but I was having a big toe issue so getting it in was a success. I did forget to start my watch after stopping at a red light which was annoying but luckily I knew how far it was so I could just add it on when I got home. What a silly thing to do.
I managed to do yoga before and after my run leaving me feeling really invigorated during my “shake out” run today. So now I head in to my taper feeling pretty great and ready to take on this next race.
3. We went to dinner last night at the Craftsman (one of our absolute favorites) and it was delicious as always. Plus we made new friends. We sat at the bar and ended up talking to the people on either side of us and had a blast. When we were leaving I told Case, I have never had so much fun with people I didn’t know before. Crazy what happens when people are just nice to each other, we all have a lot more in common than we think.
4. I was able to lock in coverage to take my first paid time off (PTO). One for two weeks from now so we can go to Clemson with friends and more around Thanksgiving so we can go to Casey’s home. Just more exciting parts of being a big girl and so glad I am fortunate enough to have people willing to work around the holidays.
I am so excited to have my phone back and be able to get back to blogging much more regularly. Hope you had a great weekend. Now I am out to go watch the Birds take down the Giants (knock on wood).
Casey and I had a wonderful time on our trip to Florida. We visited Disney one day and spent the other days hanging out at the pool and playing cash bingo (no winnings for us though). We had such a great time relaxing and just spending some time together after being separated so long.
The Magic Kingdom was amazing as ever, though Casey was slightly disappointed by it. He had never been before so I think it was a bit over hyped for him. We were able to ride all of the big rides without lines any longer than 30-45 minutes which was great.
Mayor of Disney
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
It’s a Small World (of course)
After riding front row of Splash Mountain
Tuesday night, after our awesome day of Disney, I found out that I PASSED MY BOARDS while we were at House of Blues in Downtown Disney. It was such an amazing relief. Only graduation left and the license will be mine (that sounded evil in my head haha).
Downtown Disney and the Disney Boardwalk were absolutely amazing. We had really great food and an excellent time just walking around, having a drink, enjoying the beautiful weather. There were so many bands playing, the prices were actually normal which was shocking and we even ended up running in to my aunt and uncle down there by coincidence and hanging out with them two nights.
Love things made from legos
Disney Boardwalk (had some of the best pancakes of my life there, Blueberry granola!)
It was wonderful to get away but it is even more wonderful to be home, especially with my sweet puppy girl sitting on the couch next to me!
My workout week was less than stellar with a few miles on my feet whenever I could fit them in while we were gone:
Running: 22.72 miles
I have a new goal to start for the next 6 weeks that I got from a Runner’s World article I read recently. That begins tomorrow!
I swear that these bulleted list, life update posts will end when my life becomes normal again. But here’s be meat and bones of what you’ve missed.
1. My computer was dead for the past few days, hence the absence again!
2. Boards are over, done, sayonara sucker!
Lunch after boards, worth every calorie. The Porter was amazing!
The rest of that afternoon!
3. I got a job!! Its part time but its something to get started. I got the offer call while I was in boards so Wednesday was a pretty awesome day!
4. I am home. It is so amazing to be back. I came straight home and got new sneakers (after putting over 800 miles on my old ones (whoops). I ended up with Brooks Pure Cadence. I want to move to a more light weight shoe but unfortunately running far limits how light weight you can reasonably get so this was what we decided on. When I got back, I took my sweet Scarlett for a run and it was like I was never gone. So far so good, in the new shoes too! (Though my hip pain was back with a vengeance last night)
5. As soon as we get moving, we are leaving for Florida! This is what my room looks like but oh well, I’ll deal with it when we get back. C’est la vie.
I think those are the major high lights!
Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday morning. See you in Florida!!
Today’s training assignment was 8xhills with 3 downhill. I have grown to not despise these work outs as much and was actually looking forward to this last hill work out before Boston(well, last official, every day running in Atlanta is a hill work out). However, I had a discussion with myself during the warm up about the fact that my hip flexor is still nagging me a little bit. On one shoulder sat: “If you just do this last one really hard you will feel so good and be so ready for this race,” on my other shoulder sat: “This run is not going to make one shred of difference in how you run in Boston, unless you push it too hard and really make your hip flexor mad, then it will make a huge difference and not in the I-am-going-to-nail-this-race kind of way.” So I decided to opt for Hill Pickups rather than Hill Intervals. I still pushed them hard, but I didn’t make the goal to see how fast I could possibly do it without landing on my tail like I usually do.
Now to catch up:
1. After being forced to drink water infused with strawberries and blueberries during my long run Saturday (rough life right) I decided that I needed an infuser pitcher to help me hydrate the next two weeks. It has been amazing and I have definitely increased my water intake (and my frequency of potty breaks).
2. My dad and step mom gave Casey and I their time share for one week for graduation so we will be heading to Florida for a week as soon as I get out of this god-forsaken (to be explained later) place called Atlanta. We have no solid plans about what we will do when we get there but hanging out together and relaxing will be a must and maybe a day or 2 at Disney since Casey has NEVER BEEN!!
You will find me in that lazy river most of the week! It is going to be the perfect decompression after the insanity that is the next three weeks.
3. I am dealing with absolute stupidity right now! I was not going to share this on here because its just not that fun of news but it got so ridiculous I had to at least share a little. I bumped someones bumper in traffic about a month ago and VERY long story short I found out from my insurance company today the other party submitted a two day hospital stay claim. These were the cars post “accident”:
That’s right peeps, not even a scratch. After the rigamarole these people have put me through I am glad to find out they have taken it to such an extreme because now I don’t have to be worried at all. I have a police report, an annoyed police officer and these photographs (thank you mom for telling me to take them) to back me up. It is a stress in my life that I don’t need at all right now, but I have a feeling it is really going to work out in my favor. So I hope you can laugh along with me at how ridiculously out of control this has gotten and how comical it is at this point.
So thats an update on me! Hope you have had slightly less drama in your lives!!
My two favorite girls from Charleston made the voyage north this past weekend to visit me and we had such an amazing time. It went so fast, I got out of work at 5 Friday and they had to be at the airport at 8:30 Sunday morning! We surely made the absolute most of our time though!
Our weekend in pictures…
Strolling around the city before dinner Friday night
Dinner at R2L. The restaurant was on the 37th floor so it had an amazing view and we got a window booth by some amazing stroke of luck. My dessert was probably the best I had ever had: Roasted pears with gingerbread french toast!
Our reservation wasn’t until 9 so after dinner we were pretty wiped out and came back to my house to hang out and go to sleep. We must have been really tired because we didn’t wake up Saturday until 10:30!! After getting a later than expected start, we headed to Honey’s Sit N’ Eat that is on my corner for brunch and it was not a mistake!
French toast stuffed with bananas with dulche de leche sauce…can’t even make that up!!
After breakfast we went to Reading Terminal market and I got some veggies despite the pictures of so many sweets. It was so overwhelming. We all ended up getting donuts, they were only 90 cents and they were made fresh right in front of our eyes. Maybe the best 90 cents I have ever spent.
Hannah and I in Reading Terminal Market after devouring our donuts
We finally pulled ourself away from the food, sugar highs and all and started our walk to Old City to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and do some shopping.
After wandering quite literally all over the city we had worked up an appetite so we went to get some cheesesteaks at Jim’s on 4th and South. They were amazing and the girls have already been texting me that they want cheese steaks in Charleston.
We took our cheese steaks home to eat them with intentions to regroup and plan out our night. We were so tired from our jam packed day that we went to the corner store and got some healthy snacks and watched Practical Magic and just hung out. We had such an amazing weekend and it meant the world to me that they came but it was horrible how fast the time went.
Luckily I can look forward to Casey coming on Thursday! I can’t believe it is finally here, its been 6 whole weeks since I have seen him. Thursday is going to be the longest day of my life, his flight doesn’t get in until 10 pm…talk about torture!!
So that is pretty much me right now! I am done my finals, just completed my take home final to be turned in tomorrow and am officially on my first break since May!! I’m going to read books, knit, bake (since I haven’t done that in what seems like forever now), clean my house and oh yeah…RUN!
I played major musical work outs this week so here is the new Tuesday-Thursday.
Today (Tuesday): 10 miles with 8 at MP (8:12); originally scheduled for thursday
Tomorrow: 9 miles easy (5 with lululemon group) originally schedule for today
Thursday: swim (originally wednesday)
I wanted to make sure I got my run at pace in and the group run is very variable in pace so I wanted to have my easy run fall on that day. I am so excited to run with them again. I haven’t be able to go since before Thanksgiving!!
I went and ran on the treadmill again today so I could closely monitor my pace but I should have recognized last week as the fluke that it was. It wasn’t a bad run, but I most certainly didn’t enjoy it like I did last week. I just need to wake up and face the music…I’m am outside runner, thats all the is to it! Wind, rain, snow (as much as they suck), they will always be superior to the treadmill for me!
P.S. woke up pretty sore from that PBfingers circuit I did yesterday…that thing is no joke and I didn’t even do it all the way!