I swear that these bulleted list, life update posts will end when my life becomes normal again. But here’s be meat and bones of what you’ve missed.
1. My computer was dead for the past few days, hence the absence again!
2. Boards are over, done, sayonara sucker!
Lunch after boards, worth every calorie. The Porter was amazing!
The rest of that afternoon!
3. I got a job!! Its part time but its something to get started. I got the offer call while I was in boards so Wednesday was a pretty awesome day!
4. I am home. It is so amazing to be back. I came straight home and got new sneakers (after putting over 800 miles on my old ones (whoops). I ended up with Brooks Pure Cadence. I want to move to a more light weight shoe but unfortunately running far limits how light weight you can reasonably get so this was what we decided on. When I got back, I took my sweet Scarlett for a run and it was like I was never gone. So far so good, in the new shoes too! (Though my hip pain was back with a vengeance last night)
5. As soon as we get moving, we are leaving for Florida! This is what my room looks like but oh well, I’ll deal with it when we get back. C’est la vie.
I think those are the major high lights!
Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday morning. See you in Florida!!
1. My computer charger decided it was done working when we got back from Boston so my computer has been dead for days (hence my absence).
2. Running has been hurting, still taking it easy and nursing my stupid left hip. Did have my best feeling run today so thats optimistic I suppose.
3. Boards are tomorrow. Please cross all fingers, toes, legs, arms and any other body part you can cross for me at 8 am. Thanks in advance!!
See you guys on the other side!
So crunch time is by no means fun but it is going. I have been solid getting work in but I can’t help but feelings like time is slipping away and I can’t jam all the stuff I need to know for this exam in my head! At this point the people at Starbucks all know me by name and are super friendly which I 100% appreciate; plus they only charge me the refill brewed coffee price which is awesome. Fifty cents for 2 hours of solid study time and avoidance of Atlanta traffic = double score!
I had my hardest round of Yasso 800’s tonight and was able to do all 8 under a 6:55 pace which is supposed to mean that I will be able to PR in my race. During reps 4 and 5 I had some horrible side cramps (first on the left, then the right) because it is now 80 degrees when I am running and I am not hydrating effectively yet. I’ll tell you though, you only have to get those side cramps a few times before you start guzzling water all day long!
On another note, it seems that my friends all know I am slowly going crazy and they are taking turns reminding me that the end is near and that I have amazing support from all angles!
At dinner Saturday, Lindsey and Jenna gave me this beautiful bracelet which I love. I never ever want to buy things like this but once I have them, I wear them all the time. I love it and love looking down and thinking of them both every day, getting me one day closer to Charleston.
Then today in the mail I got an absolutely touching card from my friend Megan from home with two Alex and Ani bracelets that have immense meaning in our lives. One is living water which is so appropriate because we met on the beach patrol and will forever have the ocean calling us home (as cliche as that sounds). The other one is called “because I love you friend.” She also wrote an amazing message to me that put some major kick in my pants to live up to the person my friends think I am!
Time to get to bed so I can do it all over again tomorrow!!
Tomorrow begins official crunch time. I figure it should start on Monday even though April 1st is technically Tuesday. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks from Boston and 4 and a half weeks until boards. Time to get serious!
This weekend I went home to Charleston for the last time until I am going back FOR GOOD! Driving back tonight the only thing that made me feel better was knowing that it was the last time I would do that drive in this direction. I am so ready to have my life back (in so many ways) I can’t even explain it. I want to sit on my couch and make dinner with Casey and not measure our time together in hours. Plus I want to start a day at 8 and actually be done at 5 or 6 (not 10:30 when I am finally done studying and running). I am just so freaking close I can almost taste it.
Sadly, the weather man kept threatening thunderstorms with damaging winds and hail yesterday so I didn’t head out to do my 2 hour 3:1 run and then today I just couldn’t muster up the ability to leave Casey and Scar for 2 hours when I only have 8 left. Call me pathetic, but hey, maybe I am. In 15 weeks of training 6 days/week, this is the first run I missed so I am going to go ahead and say I’ll be alright. Plus, I did get my push up challenge (with squats and abs) in yesterday, so I wasn’t a total bum all weekend.
After an amazing weekend, I am ready for this sprint to the finish. It is finally the real deal y’all! Keep your fingers crossed that I don’t lose my mind in the next 30 days!