Last Wednesday we had friends come in to town and the rest of the week was a whirlwind. We didn’t really do any thing too exciting but spent a lot of time hanging out and going to the beach. I was lucky enough to get a few good runs in the mean time. But to catch up with random tidbits…
1. We went to a restaurant called Leon’s on far upper King Street and I dove in to a fried chicken sandwich (after a 9 mile pace run of course) and it was fabulous and so worth it. I especially appreciated the side of cucumber salad instead of fries, HUGE winner in my book.
2. We took Scarlett to the beach with us one day and she had so much fun. We haven’t taken her at all this summer, but I prefer to take her in the fall anyway when there are a lot less people around.
3. Sunday was the first day of football! My fantasy team got crushed, Eagles won, we all ate, drank and were very merry on this first day of a new season!
4. My run yesterday was incredibly eventful including this…
…then I fell. And shattered my ipod. Got the skin of my hand stuck in the shattered screen. Got glass stuck in my hand. Had to put alcohol sanitizer on it all day. Big fun!
My shoulder is actually the worst, I must have tucked and rolled but I couldn’t get a good shot of it. If you have read for a while these pictures may look familiar because my cuts are all almost in the exact same places, right over top of the old scars. Running is actually becoming hazardous to my health.
5. I officially registered to go back to Boston today!! Quite a few of our friends are going with us this time which will be awesome, I am so excited to share one of the best experiences of my life with more people I love! Still haven’t registered for my race in November. What is wrong with me?!
That pretty much sums up the high lights. Hope your runs have gone better than that one!