I love all things southwest. Peppers and salsa are some of the greatest things in my book so anything they can go in just about anything and make me happy. I love making things like this that can feed me for a few dinners and take that part of my night out of the equation, allowing me more study time (yay!).
3/4 cup egg whites
3/4 cup salsa
2 bags boil in bag brown rice (4 cups cooked)
1 cup chopped green peppers
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1 small onion
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Optional: mexican cheese, black beans
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Start boiling water and cook rice.
3. While water is heating, saute mushrooms, peppers and onions with olive oil until soft.
4. In bowl combine salsa, eggs, cooked veggies and rice.
5. Bake in spring form pan (or small rectangular pan, that was all I had) for ~30 minutes. Add cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
6. Serve over heated black beans and top with salsa.