I feel like I was just writing this post about 2012 and here we are doing this again. Each year just gets a little faster than the year before.
I would say this was as successful of a fitness year as I could ever have imagined, though there is always room for improvement. After tomorrow I will have run 310 days of this year and logged 1650 miles. My goal was 1500 so I blew that out of the water! I ran the Charleston and Lehigh Valley Health Network Marathons and the Folly Beach and Atlanta Half marathons. I also qualified for Boston which was not just a goal for this year but for my LIFE.
My fitness goals from last year were:
1. Run 1500 miles (have to beat out last year): Check
2. Work on strengthening; I hate that this goal isn’t really quantifiable, but if i am going to continue running I really need to put more effort here or injuries are bound to follow: Sporadically (sounds like a goal for this year)
3. Do yoga once a week: Did really well for the first half of the year then fell off the wagon
4. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies and drink 8 cups of water a day: With the exception of these holiday weeks
My non-fitness goals were:
1. Finish my last year of class room education: Check
2. Pass the comp (written comprehensive) exam: Check
3. Pass the OSCE (practical comprehensive exam): Check
4. Slow down and smell the roses during this whirl wind of life!: Improving!
So with much success and off course room for improvement I sit here and set out goals for 2014 (the year I become a real adult…maybe).
1. Run Boston
2. Run 1700 miles
3. Strength 2x/week
4. Yoga 1x/week
5. 2 marathons, 2 halves
6. Water and freggies again!
7. Start logging my workouts again (not sure when I fell off of doing that at the end of November…whoops)
1. PASS BOARDS!
3. Get a big girl job
Do you have any goals for the year?