For the race Saturday I made a new playlist and today I whipped that bad boy back out for my run. I had planned an easy four but I was so pumped up at the start that I had to share it.
James Island Connector Playlist
1. Wake Me Up by Avicii
2. Girl of Fire by Alicia Keys
3. Wrecking Ball by Miley Cirus (I hate that I like this song, but I seriously can’t not like it)
4. I Love It by Icona Pop
5. Same Love by Mackelmore
6. Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood
7. Best I Ever Had by Gavin DeGraw (love this one)
8. I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes
9. Raise Your Glass by Pink
10. Holy Grail by Jay-Z and JT
11. Roar by Katy Perry
12. Take Back the Night by JT (Justin Timberlake)
13. Safe and Sound by Capital Cities
When I got home I tried out a workout from Nike Training Club. Julie from PBfingers reviewed this app earlier in the week and pretty much raved about it so I had to try it.
The best part of the app is I can pick a 15 minute work out to focus on an area of the body. Today I did Better Butt, it certainly doesn’t feel better at the moment but that may be the point. A quick bout of strength training for 15 minutes after running is totally manageable so now I just need to make it a routine.
The app is 100% free and plays whatever playlist you want while you go. It tells you the start of each exercise and gives directions and videos in case you don’t know the exercise. In addition to the 15 minute exercises, there are also full length exercise programs.
Nike has certainly put out a high quality app here definitely worth taking a look at.
Do you have any new, awesome running songs?