This post will pretty much be a jumble of a bunch of thoughts and things I want all included that don’t go together.
1. My lulu pictures were released today and I totally love it. The girl that wrote it referred to me as an elite runner which I certainly don’t put myself in that category by any means but what a confidence booster before a race!
After this picture got posted, a girl emailed the store and asked for my contact info because she is also running this race and hoping to qualify for Boston. She texted me this afternoon and we are planning to meet up at the expo and maybe run the first few (or how every many work out) miles together, at least to help us not go out to fast and get a good start.
2. I got the pumpkin oatmeal just how I like it today. It isn’t super sweet so if that is how you like things you may have to use more honey or a bit of sugar.
3/4 cup almond milk (regular milk is fine too)
Pinch of Salt
Just less than 1/2 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
2 TBSP pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Bring milk and salt to slight boil.
2. Stir in oats and cook until thick oats are left stirring occasionally. Stay close because it can bubble over pretty easily if you aren’t paying attention.
3. Reduce heat to low and add pumpkin, honey and pumpkin pie spice. Stir thoroughly.
4. Place in bowl and garnish with cinnamon!! Delish!!
I was so happy with the taste. It is a nice treat without being overly sweet first thing in the morning.
3. I finally made it to the beach today with my friend Cassie while my oil got changed and finished my book. It was really good and not predictable. I tried to predict the whole time and about half way I just gave up and enjoyed the ride. It is like all of his other books, it starts fast, has a few far fetched parts and he is getting shot at within 10 pages but it is such a wild, entertaining ride!
4. I am all packed and ready to go. I of course made many lists today to make sure I had everything I needed. There are a few last minute things that can’t get packed until we are walking out the door but other than that everything is ready to go. My mom just read the book I packed and said it was phenomenal so I will let everyone know.
5. IT IS THE FIRST NIGHT OF FOOTBALL SEASON!! And there was a delay to the start allowing me just enough time to finish composing this post. Gotta love when the universe works with you!
Happy Thursday everyone. Next time you hear from me I’ll be in PA!