1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
1 2/3 cup chicken broth
2/3 cups of water
3/4-1 lb chicken breast
1/2 cup mushrooms
Crushed Garlic (to taste)
2/3 cup Arborio Rice
1/3 cup white wine (I used Chardonnay)
1/4 cup fresh parmesan
2 cups spinach
Parsley flakes (a few shakes)
Red Pepper flakes (to taste)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In large skillet, place 1/2 tbsp olive oil and onions and allow chopped onions to carmelize.
2. While these are carmelizing, bring chicken broth and water to boil in a sauce pan.
3. Chop chicken into small pieces and add to boiling broth, reduce heat to medium.
4. Once onions are carmelized, put these in a bowl to the side.
5. In onion pan, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and Arborio rice to pan and stir constantly for ~2 minutes.
6. Add wine to rice and stir for 30 seconds.
7. Remove chicken from broth and place with onions to the side.
8. With measuring cup, remove 1 2/3 cup of the broth from the sauce pan and add to the skillet with the rice. Stir, reduce heat and cover. Stir this occasionally for 20-25 minutes until rice is soft.
9. While rice is cooking, add mushrooms to remaining broth and allow to cook.
10. Once rice is cooked, add 1/4 cup of broth to skillet with parmesan cheese.
11. Add chicken, mushrooms, parsley, red pepper flakes and spinach to skillet.
12. Stir occasionally and cook until spinach is wilted sufficiently (~5 minutes).
3 servings; 357 calories, 9g fat, 30g protein