So sorry I have been MIA for a few days! This has been a crazy busy weekend, especially with my impromptu half marathon.
The race was awesome. It was a flat course, with good weather and just a slight bit of wind. A few girls from my class were doing it as well which made it even more fun.
One of the girls ran this as her first half marathon and finished second female, seventh overall with a time of 1:28:something. I was so astounded by her!
I actually was able to do really well too! I ran a 1:40:24ish (official results haven’t been posted, this is watch time) which is over four minutes faster than my PR!! I couldn’t have asked for any more, but more came. I won my age group! I am not sure how I did overall or how I ranked in female finishers but I update as soon as results come out.
I also did some advertising for Charitymiles.org during the race. It was a strange motivator (selfishly) that I didn’t know it would be. Every time I was able to pass someone I kept thinking to myself “Thats one more person that knows about charity miles.” I also logged 13.33 charity miles during the race!
It was so fun running with a group. There was a 2 mile out and back on part of the course which I usually hate but it was great for us all to get to see each other mid race and cheer one another on. We all went out for an awesome breakfast at a great local restaurant called Lost Dog Cafe. SOOOOOO GOOD! Celebratory Mimosas were had.
My playlist for yesterday’s race (which reminds me I never made shared my one for the Charleston Marathon, I promise I will) looked like this:
- Blown Away by Carrie Underwood
- My Hero by Foo Fighters
- Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia
- Buttons by The Weeks
- Strange Clouds by B.o.B ft Lil Wayne
- Feel So Close by Calvin Harris
- The Figher by Gym Class Heros
- Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding
- Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson
- I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons
- Knock Out by Lil Wayne
- What Doesn’t Kill You by Kelly Clarkson
- Wild Ones by Flo Rida ft. Sia
- Red by Taylor Swift
- I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift
- Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson
- Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
- Ass Back Home by Gym Class Heros
- 50 Ways to Say Goodbye by Train
- Manhattan by Kings of Leon
- Frontier City by Kings of Leon
- Ragoo by Kings of Leon
- Under the Sheets (Chiddy Bang Remix) by Ellie Goulding
- Heart of a Champion by Nelly
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk
- Close by Rascal Flatts
- This Everyday Love by Rascal Flatts
- Don’t Leave Me by Blink 182
- Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional
- Remember the Name by Fort Minor
I always make my playlist like 15 minutes longer than I am projecting to make sure I don’t end up music-less should anything throw me off pace.
I am soooo glad I ended up racing yesterday. It was awesome to do a half after three marathons in a row, for me it was so much less mental! Signing up for a race at the last minute didn’t prove to be a problem at all, if anything it may have taken some of the pressure off of racing that I usually get when I am anticipating it for so long.
Hope everyone that raced this weekend had an awesome experience, and everyone else had good runs and great weekends.
PS. I feel lost without football this Sunday! 😦