I realized today I hadn’t done very much baking an a while. I always take a bit of a hiatus after the marathon baking day I do with my mom at Christmas. I also had some bananas that were past my ability to eat, meaning perfect for banana bread. I love a healthy alternative to banana bread that can be a not so guilty pleasure!
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup white flour
¾ cup white sugar
4 medium bananas mashed
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas in large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until combined. It will be closer to a cake/brownie batter consistency rather than true bread dough.
- Add nuts or chocolate chips as desired.
- In loaf pan, add non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until knife can be inserted and removed cleanly from the center.
Other than my return to baking I went to running group and lead the five miler and we went to the grocery store, so nothing super exciting. But we are all over the hump yet again!
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!